[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.106″ background_layout=”light”]
Pretty tempting, isn’t it?
Here are the 10 steps you should be taking right now to achieve failure.
- Ask all your departments to make a list of their main issues.
- Get together and spend 8 hours discussing your business mission and values.
- Establish a vision for your business including means, but absolutely no quantifiable elements.
- Start brainstorming in order to define projects that will solve all issues raised by your teams.
- Classify your 158 projects in order of importance.
- Use an Excel file for your strategic planning.
- Avoid follow-ups and never reevaluate projects during the course of the year.
- Hold a new strategic planning meeting three years later.
- Find out that fewer than 10% of the projects you defined 3 years earlier have been initiated and that none has been completed.
- Go back to step 1, rinse and repeat.
A Few Tips for Successful Strategic Planning
If success seems more interesting than failure to you, here are some tips for successful strategic planning:
- Read How to Make Sure Your Strategic Planning Is a Success in 5 Easy Steps.
- Review your mission and values. As an entrepreneur, your values must be reflected in your business. In theory, this exercise should not be too difficult…
- Establish a quantifiable long-term vision.
- Establish a quantifiable long-term vision. If your business is an SME, identify 2 to 4 quantifiable goals that are linked to your vision and need to be achieved within a year. Define one to three projects to achieve each goal.
- Define 1 to 3 projects that are required to achieve each goal.
- Apply the Improvement Kata to implement each of your projects.
- Hold your next strategic planning meeting 1 year later.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.106″ background_layout=”light”]
Contact us if you want a successful strategic plan!
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_contact_form _builder_version=”3.0.106″ email=”email@example.com” captcha=”on” use_redirect=”off” custom_button=”off” button_icon_placement=”right”][et_pb_contact_field field_title=”Nom” field_type=”input” field_id=”Name” required_mark=”on” fullwidth_field=”off” /][et_pb_contact_field field_title=”Adresse e-mail” field_type=”email” field_id=”Email” required_mark=”on” fullwidth_field=”off” /][et_pb_contact_field field_title=”Message” field_type=”text” field_id=”Message” required_mark=”on” fullwidth_field=”on” /][/et_pb_contact_form][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]